For more than a decade, the Mundial Group has been experiencing significant growth thanks to the dynamism of its divisions and through acquisitions. With its 300 team members, the Mundial Group is today recognized for developing lasting business partnerships by offering a unique global solution in the industrial market.
Looking at the point we have reached today, we see that we have come a long way! Find out about our history.
- Louis Veilleux, Mario Ferland, Ginette Turmel and Eric Chrétien acquire Metal Bernard and CDMB. The companies employed 53 at the time of acquisition.
- Mario, Louis, Ginette and Eric establish Groupe Mundial based on 5 statements that will, over time, become the guiding principles of the group
Did you know?
The name “Mundial” was chosen in honor of the French team who, against all odds, won the 1998 World Cup of soccer thanks to their exceptional teamwork!
- 2005 – Metal Bernard acquires a Bystronic 4400 watt laser.
- 2006 – Metal Bernard make a $3 M investment for a 15,000-square-foot factory expansion to buy a 20-foot-long roller and three press brakes (two 250-ton, 14-foot-long Bystronic, and one 150-ton, 10-foot-long Bystronic).
- Strategic reflection focused on the implementation of “Lean Management” philosophy and the continuous improvement of the processes, which led to creating the SINCRO program.
- Metal Bernard acquires three lasers (one Bystronic 4400 watt and two Trumpf 6000 watt and 3200 watt) as well as two Trumpf 85-ton press brakes.
- Mundial Group purchases Normandin Inc. that, like Metal Bernard, specializes in sheet metal transformation. This acquisition makes it possible to offer a unique and reliable contingency plan to their respective customers.
- ISO 14001 accreditation awarded to Metal Bernard: a first in its activity sector.
- CWB accreditation received by CDMB for W47.1.
- Metal Bernard make a $5.5 M investment to purchase a large format, 1,500-ton press brake and a large 26-foot laser, and to proceed to a 15,000-square-foot factory expansion and comprehensive refurbishment.
- Normandin Inc. acquires two Trumpf 50 and 85 ton press brakes.
- Metal Bernard acquires a Trumpf 4000 watt laser.
- Normandin Inc. acquires a Messer HD 3D Plasma
- UCB acquires a Hurco 5-axis machining center. Learn more »
- Mundial Group establishes an advisory committee comprised of former-executives of major North American manufacturers.
- Mundial Group implements a strategic plan and 10-year acquisition strategy to establish a growth strategy for the Group’s divisions.
- Seven Metal Bernard executives become shareholders establishing a succession plan.
- CDMB acquires a Mazak VTC-30 mill.
- BCI Rubber make a $500 K investment for the design and custom manufacturing of a 1,500-ton press, currently, one of the largest in Canada. Learn more »
- Flexarmor® : BCI Rubber registers Flexarmor®: the first trademark of the group.
- Mundial Group acquires JLM Precision Machining, a Quebec City company with a long-standing reputation for manufacturing high-precision machined parts. Learn more »
- BCI Rubber make a $1 M investment to acquire land and add 7,200 square feet to its existing factory. Learn more »
- Metal Bernard and CDMB make a $1.1 M investment to acquire a 6,000-watt Bystronic Bysprint fiber laser and a Mazak VTC-30 machining centre.
- Metal Bernard undertakes a 2,000-square-foot expansion of its offices.
- Normandin Inc. acquires a 10-foot-long, Bystronic Xpert 200/1300 press brake.. Learn more »
- Acquisition, with a Quebec-based consortium, of equity interest in International Manufacturing and Assembly (IMA). Learn more »
- CDMB invests $ 2.3 million for a 26,500 square feet expansion as well as the complete reorganization of the welding department. Learn more »
- UCB acquires a Matsuura 4-axis horizontal machining center. Learn more »